Followers

COMING SOON!





11/9/13

*REVIEW* Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm- 'Standout'

Drumroll, please...
YES, I have finally gotten my hands on the much talked about Matte balms
What am I talking about?
Hold your horses, people.
Stay tuned for a full review :)



The Product:
Revlon recently released a new line of Matte "balms" that are just
basically matte lipsticks in a pencil form.
Think Lime Crime's Velvetines, kind of.
Anyway, this suede/matte look is perfect for the upcoming 
cold season and is all the rage right now.
Here's one such balm in "Standout':


Some of it's Claims:
- velvety color
- provides moisture like a balm
- infused with shea, mango, & cocoa butter
- retractable
- requires no sharpener






The Review:
I could not wait to try this line.
Being that one of my biggest lemmings is 'Red Velevet'
Velvetine from Lime Crime (& one that I can't afford right now),
I sufficed with what seemed to me to be a cheaper version,
this matte balm in 'Standout'.
Here it is with a couple 'coats':
and in the shade,


YUM!
It definitely has the velvety, suede look I was going for.
It applied super easily.
I was worried since the pencil/crayon is so chubby how accurate I could get,
but it wasn't a problem at all.
Not to mention this baby lasted FOREVER-
through hours of use including eating and drinking :)





PROS:
- sensible, affordable price
- SUPER LONG LASTING color
- gives you that sultry, velvety effect
- comes in various shades
- available in most stores
- easy to use and reuse, as it needs no sharpener


CONS:
- I didn't feel that it gave me as much moisture as my lip balms do,
 as it claims








Verdict
THIS PRODUCT IS AWESOME.
I fell completely in love with the velvet look.
It's something so different and sexy,
not to mention perfect for the upcoming season.
I think my other favorite part of this was how long it lasted.
We've all tried lipsticks that claim to have great staying power,
but all of them fail when it comes to eating and drinking at least,
sometimes it takes less...
NOT with this baby, though.
Definitely, definitely recommend!
:)

RATING(OUT OF 10): 9.5


2 comments:

I enjoy reading & appreciate any and all comments! This whole blog is still a work in progress and i'm learning more about the nail/beauty world everyday... I appreciate any feedback & knowledge you provide! :)