Followers

COMING SOON!





5/29/12

Serendipity inspired: 'In Search of the Saveopotomus'

Hey everyone!

I have another look from my 'Serendipity inspired' series for you today. I've only managed to do two so far (seen here and here) because everything has been so crazy with finals, moving, and summer classes... but I finally found some time for it today!

So for all you new followers out there, this makeup series is based off a series of children's books that have been in my family for years, and i'm now reading to my daughter. They all have totally cute little morals and are known for their super vivid illustrations. This is what inspires me most about then :)

For tonight's post, I used 'In Search of the Saveopotomas' from the Serendipity series as my inspiration. This lovely little story is about not putting all your stock in material things, and how often, giving is better than receiving! 

On to the look!
Here's the page from the book that served as inspiration:
^ the Hoardasaurus 



And I came up with...
(prior to eyeliner)



So I've never used these colors together and had really no idea what I wanted to do when I started playing around with them (that seems to be the case most of the time... a wing & a prayer, i guess)... BUT, i'm okay with how it turned out. I debated using a UD eyeliner in the blue on my waterline instead under the lashes, but I didn't know if it would be as noticeable, so I went with the shadow instead.

I used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sugarpill's 'Buttercupcke' as base
SP's 'Tako' on inner corners
Urban Decay's 'Graffiti' in crease
UD's 'Peace' on lower lash line
Too Faced's Lashgasm mascara


I'm still trying to master the liquid eyeliner and wings. I can't do the eyeliner line thick above my lashes because then you can't see any of the eye shadow if i'm looking straight on, like in the last picture. Though I see that's how all the pros do it, so I don't know if it's just something I can't do because of how my lids are OR if it's just a technique I need to learn...
any suggestions?

What do you guys think about it & the color combo?

Also,
DON'T FORGET to enter my giveaway!!
We have a ton of great prizes up for grabs! :)

Thanks for reading, gals!


3 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! I've never read these books but I have an affinity for children's books~
    I just love it!Hope your settling down a bit. I have also been the same. I still have two weeks of school,upcoming finals and term papers, I will be moving houses soon, and I have to think about my summer classes as well! How crazy xD
    Oh my god yes! Last episode of GoT was so epic. I didn't want it to end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Things have finally settled down a bit. Good luck with your crazy summer too!

      Delete
  2. This is really cute! I love blue, green and yellow together!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading & appreciate any and all comments! This whole blog is still a work in progress and i'm learning more about the nail/beauty world everyday... I appreciate any feedback & knowledge you provide! :)