So I know this post is a little late since summer has been upon us for awhile now,
but I'm finally getting around to doing this review :)
If you're looking for a fast/easy/safe way to tan-
look no further.
I present to you Tarte's Brazilliance Face & Body Self Tanner:
*not my picture
Some of it's Claims:
- Creates a "healthy, faux-glow"
- Tarte's PUREShield formula creates a pleasant scent
- Skin will look firmer, brighter, and smoother
- Mitt provides an "easy, no-mess, streak-free tan"
I've quit doing tanning beds altogether because of just HOW FREAKING TERRIBLE they are for you. Girls that tan there a lot and have that deep gorgeous tan may look nice now,
but in ten years when their skin is leather & they look 20 years older than the rest of us,
we'll thank ourselves for taking care of our skin :)
- Moisturizes while tanning definitely felt my skin get more smooth
- Dries FAST! Other self tanners i've used (like Jergens) take FOREVER to dry- this bad boy does in about 10 minutes!
- Doesn't stain clothing, sheets, etc :)
- Using the mitt, creates a natural, even tan
- Can often see immediate results, especially on the face
- A bit pricey, at $37
- Not really a con, but the revolutionary scent they talk about... didn't seem to be there to me. Though it certainly didn't smell bad, it smelled like other self tanners that i've personally used before. Not bad, though.
- I used it twice a week as directed, but I felt like the tan, though it showed up quickly and was gorgeous, didn't last very long- even though I was supplementing it as directed. So, that kind of sucked.
Despite being $37, you get what you pay for- and this bad boy is definitely worth shelling out a few extra bucks. I saw results fast and it made my skin feel and look great. I LOVE that it dries fast and doesn't stain most of all I think. The mitt is an interesting idea. I used it each time, but it was still possible to get streaks if you weren't realllllly careful. So that's just something to watch out for. I'd still use the mitt over my own hands any day :)
RATING (out of 10): 8
Was this review helpful?
What's your favorite self tanner,
or your view on self tanners?
Let me know!