Followers

COMING SOON!





12/14/11

little favorites #2


HOORAH! 
I had my last final today & am fairly certain I did very well. That will mean 1, maybe 2, A's this past semester AND i had a baby :p
(not to toot my own horn, but whew)


Anyway,
Today I want to talk about one of my little favorite beauty products.

I don't know how many of you use foundation- i know a lot of young people don't. I, however, choose to use it a teeny bit just to even out my skin tone, as my nose and cheeks tend to be redder/pinker than the rest of my face. Prior to being on my current budget I used a fantastic foundation by Lorac. It was one of the few brands that had a shade that was close to my facial skin color. I don't know about the rest of you, but it is hard as hell for me to find a brand that could match my skin tone! Anyway, though Lorac is amazing- it's also sold for about $36, which is more than I can afford to spend on my current budget. So i set off on an adventure through the more generic cosmetic isles in the hopes of somehow coming across a foundation that would match, not make my skin look oily, apply well and evenly, etc.- the unicorn of generic make-up brands.

or so i thought.

and then, behold, I discovered Maybelline's little creation- Fit Me foundation.


This stuff is awesome. Not only was I able to find a shade that EXACTLY matched my skin tone, the quality of this foundation is great for the price ($8 at Ulta). I apply it with a sponge lightly over a few select areas on my face and then dab and 'blend' as needed. It gives me the smoothness (for the lack of a better term) i'm looking for and has wonderful durability. I hardly ever have to re-apply through at least a 12 hour period :) It looks very natural and even gives my face an almost dew-ey appearance, which I like.

So if any of you are looking for a great, cheap foundation- this one is definitely worth a shot.
: )

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check this stuff out, I've been looking for a nice affordable foundation that actually matches my skin tone forever!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading & appreciate any and all comments! This whole blog is still a work in progress and i'm learning more about the nail/beauty world everyday... I appreciate any feedback & knowledge you provide! :)