Followers

COMING SOON!





2/22/12

belated 'Fat Tuesday' cupcakes!

Hey guys!
so after my disastrous checkerboard mani yesterday,
I attempted the other idea I had for madi gras/fat Tuesday-
cupcakes!

I personally don't really like cupcakes, but I feel like they were more than appropriate for fat Tuesday & I always wanted to try to some more nail art.
I got the idea from here, so it's by no means my own idea.

Unfortunately, I took these pics prior to clean up, but I learned my lesson from yesterday....so I quickly took them as soon as I finished.

* indoor lighting, no flash

* fluorescent lighting, with flash

* fluorescent lighting, no flash

So i know this is super sloppy compared to the rest of you nail gurus,
but i AM still a noob, & you've got to start somewhere :p
I actually really liked them,
though of course there are a ton of things I could and need to improve upon.

Polishes I used:
Zoya's 'Robyn' for cupcake base
Konad special nail polish in white for icing
Zoya 'Gaia' over the Konad 
China Glaze's 'Ruby Pumps' for cherries
CG's 'Re-Fresh Mint', CG's 'Strawberry Fields', 'Robyn', & Zoya's 'Pippa' for sprinkles


But there you have it
Second ever attempt at nail art :)


What do ya'll think?!


6 comments:

  1. Hey these are really good! I love them. I haven't tried cupcake nail art yet, but it's on my list! Your pictures are getting better and better - good job! P.S. Cool ring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, girl! I thought they were pretty good (for me, anyway), too :) But glad to know i'm not delusional haha. & thanks! I love my spoon ring

      Delete
  2. Cool, I like me some cupcakes nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. lol, thanks! i saw several different ways to do cupcake nails, so I may have to try one of those, too.

      Delete

I enjoy reading & appreciate any and all comments! This whole blog is still a work in progress and i'm learning more about the nail/beauty world everyday... I appreciate any feedback & knowledge you provide! :)