Followers

COMING SOON!





4/11/12

watermelons :)

helloooooo.
Sitting here watching the Stanley Cup & it's intense!
Go Preds!
Also regretting eating Zaxby's earlier... I don't eat much fast food/greasy stuff anymore so the rare times that i DO0 i get sick :/ meh.

ANYWAY,
I'm rather pleased with today's little mani.
I bought a polish yesterday aptly named 'Watermelon' so you can see where the idea came from, obvi.

First the lovely base polish:
*sunlight
*indoors, no flash

Essie describes 'Watermelon' as a "juicy red creme",  but I disagree with that. As you can see in the pictures, particularly the last one, it's much more of a coral-y, fushia, medium hot pink. But whatever :P Surprisingly, it applied like a dream, I often had a hard time with the varying not-so-good formula of cremes, but this wasn't like that.

Now for the melons,

For the rind i Used China Glaze's 'Watermelon Rind' as it seemed more than appropriate. I used Konad Special polish in black & a dotting tool for the seeds. For some reason, I have a hard time with the dotting tool. My dots never look as nicely round and even as everyone else's... any suggestions from you nail pros?!?

I wish my left hand was steady enough so that I could paint my right hand without crap going everywhere, because the nails on my right hand are longer  and just overall better looking :( but oh well.


As amateur as it is, I still like it :) It's summery and makes me happy. and hungry. nomz.

What do you think?
What's your favorite summery fruit?


3 comments:

  1. SO cute! I've been meaning to do watermelon or strawberry nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please do! i'd love to see someone who's more professional than me do one, and see their version :))

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous color! & I love the art on top!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading & appreciate any and all comments! This whole blog is still a work in progress and i'm learning more about the nail/beauty world everyday... I appreciate any feedback & knowledge you provide! :)